21 Jan Center for Research & Development
The research Center entitled as “THE CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT” is established at UOG Lahore campus to develop research culture in the Campus. The Center incorporates the following activities:
- Publication of bi-annual research journal named as ‘Journal of Social and Political Research.’
- Coordination of various research activities undertaken by faculty and students of social sciences, international relations and political science.
- Provision of latest research material to faculty members of above mentioned departments of the UoG, Lahore Campus
- Collection and compilation of related research material (articles, research papers and books) for M.Phil students so that they can expand the horizon of their research in consonance with latest research trends and new developments in respective fields.
- Preparation of research proposals for HEC and International Donor Agencies sponsored research projects.
- Conduct seminar and conferences on political and social issues of Pakistan
- Development of a repository of intellectual inputs from leading academicians and scholars of Pakistan participating in seminars and conferences.
- Publication of regular newsletter to highlight recent activities of the Campus.
- Exploration of new teaching trends for M.Phil and Ph.D scholars and unite them with research being taken place at the proposed Center.
- To ensure that high quality research of direct relevance to our country’s needs, pertaining to both public and private sectors.
- To establish linkages between UoG, Lahore Campus Departments/institutes/centers and industry both in the public and private sectors and to facilitate contract research benefit to the UoG and public/private sectors.
- To assist in obtaining research grants from the public/private sector and foreign agencies.
- To generate R&D funds through sponsored projects and consultancy services for further up gradation of libraries, computing facilities, laboratories and research facilities at the Campus.
- To co-ordinate placement of students at different stages of their education with relevant organizations for practical training and subsequent employment.
- To encourage and activate research activities in order to upgrade the overall quality of teaching and learning within UoG.
The Center will have the following structure:
- Additional Director
- Deputy Director
- Research Coordinator
- Research Officers
- Research Assistants
All the activities of the Center will be directly supervised by the Director who will be deputed separately through notification.